…and it seems like an appropriate time to feature two of the all-time heavyweight titles in this field – both of which were released in new editions last year – as well as something a bit more generally accessible.
Hurst’s the Heart, considered the cornerstone of current scholarship in the discipline, is now in its 13th edition. The latest release of this title includes 19 new chapters and 59 new authors, each of whom are internationally recognized as experts in their respective content areas.
Featuring an enhanced, reader-friendly design, Hurst’s the Heart, covers need-to-know clinical advances, as well as issues that are becoming increasingly vital to cardiologists worldwide, along with the most complete overview of cardiology topics available – plus a timely new focus on evidence-based medicine, health outcomes, & health quality.
Features include: 1548 full-color illustrations & 578 tables; companion DVD with image bank includes key figures & tables from the text; the Cardiovascular Disease: Past, Present, & Future section includes a new chapter on assessing & improving quality of care in cardiovascular medicine & the section on the scientific foundations of cardiovascular medicine has been thoroughly revised.
The 9th edition of Braunwald’s Heart Disease is part of the growing trend of print-based books with extensive web-based enhancements. Premium website features include an extensive multi-tiered update collection overseen by Dr. Braunwald himself, a library of dynamic cardiac imaging videos and an audio library of heart sounds that will help cardiologists improve their diagnostic clinical skills.
New chapters offer insight into everything from new imaging techniques to designing clinical trials and avoiding conflicts of interest. Hundreds of world authorities, including many new contributors, synthesize all of the developments that are revolutionizing practice- from the newest findings in molecular biology and genetics to the latest imaging modalities, interventional procedures, and medications.
And if the first two titles are more than you need for day-to-day information or personal heart health advice, we’re currently awaiting the imminent (due January 31st) release of The Mayo Clinic Healthy Heart for Life! In this less extensive and decidedly less expensive option, the Mayo Clinic provides up-to-date, clinically proven information that addresses the key causes of heart disease and provides clear, actionable advice in an easy-to follow format, including:
* The three key actions you can taken in a quick-start plan to help you jump-start your way to heart health
* A heart-health assessment to help you create your own customized plan
* An easy-to-follow program designed for life-long heart health
* Tools to help you determine your risk for heart disease
* Information on how to recognize symptoms of heart disease-and what to do about them
* Background on cholesterol’s role and info on how you can minimize the effects of bad cholesterol and enhance your levels of good cholesterol
* How to talk to your doctor about heart concerns and what to expect during a medical evaluation
* How heart disease symptoms can be different in women, and other special concerns for women
* How to raise heart-healthy children
* …and more
Hurst’s the Heart, Braunwald’s Heart Disease, and The Mayo Clinic Healthy Heart for Life! are (or will soon be, for the third title) available in store or can be ordered for delivery to your door through our virtual bookstore.