One of our best selling Critical Care titles and one of the most highly acclaimed resources for anyone treating critical care patients, Marino’s The ICU Book, Fourth Edition offers practical guidance in managing the medical and surgical aspects for patients in intensive care. Presented in a reader-friendly format, this fundamental text influences the critical thinking skills required to deliver safe and effective treatment to the critical care patient, regardless of the specialty focus of the unit.
This latest edition of The ICU Book addresses both the medical and surgical aspects of critical care, delivering the guidance needed to ensure sound, safe, and effective treatment for patients in intensive care—regardless of the specialty focus of the unit. Traditionally available as a printed textbook, the print version now comes with a completely revamped digital experience, powered by Inkling. Viewable through a browser or as a download to your tablet or smartphone , the digital version includes:
- The complete text with optimized navigation
- A powerful, index-based search function
- All referenced content is linked throughout for instant access
- Regular literature and commentary updates integrated into the text
- The ability to share notes with friends and colleagues
- Problem-based approach teaches critical thinking and mirrors the decision-making process of the intensive care unit
- Expert perspectives from Dr. Marino help sharpen technique, minimize error, and improve outcomes
- Reader-friendly format makes essential information easy to locate and apply
- “Final Word” summaries at the conclusion of each chapter highlight salient points and improve retention of key concepts
NEW to the Fourth Edition
- Fully rewritten content (including eight new chapters plus a new Appendix on drug dosing) assures readers of only the most up-to-date and practical information available
- Full-color format emphasizes clinical anatomy and facilitates visual learning
The fourth edition of The ICU Book is available now, in store or through our Virtual Bookstore for delivery direct to your door.