One of the few print-based supplements to the Toronto Notes, Essentials provides an efficient and effective review of exactly what you need to know to perform at your best on the exam. (And like the Toronto Notes, it is written by medical students, residents, and faculty – people with first-hand experience in what to expect while facing down the MCCQE Part I.) Each chapter covers common clinical presentations, including detailed differential diagnoses, relevant physical examination characteristics and diagnostic tests, treatment and patient consultation techniques, and epidemiological information, as well as fundamental scientific principles.
- Information is presented in a concise and easy-to-follow visual format , helping you master challenging content.
- Numerous tables and flow charts allow you to review complex and detailed concepts quickly and easily.
- Clinical boxes highlight key competencies in the MCC’s Objectives for the Qualifying Examination, as well as applied scientific concepts, high-yield points, CLEO material, red flags, and clinical pearls.
- Helpful appendices include normal lab values, a list of common abbreviations, and a clinical presentations index.
- A companion website offers the fully searchable text and 100 multiple choice questions.
Essentials for the Canadian Medical Licensing Exam is available in store or online through our Virtual Bookstore.