Beginning the night of Sunday March 7th, the Learning Commons in the Killam Library will remain open after midnight, Sundays through Thursdays, until the last day of exams. Extended hours apply to the North and South Learning Commons only. The Help Desk, Circulation Desk, and upper library floors will close at midnight.
- Access to the Learning Commons after midnight requires a valid Dalhousie ID card (your DalCard). No need to get a new one; just swipe in with your current DalCard.
- A swipe reader will be installed at the University Ave. entrance. All students must swipe their DalCard to gain access.
- Students already in the Learning Commons/Atrium at midnight will be required to swipe their DalCard in a mobile card reader. (Students will not have to exit and re-enter the building).
- The second – fifth floors of the library will close at midnight and students will be required to move to the Learning Commons or exit the building.
- To improve safety, the McCain Building Parkade across from LeMarchant Street will offer free parking from midnight until 3:00am, Sundays through Thursdays, until the last day of exams.
- If you are walking or biking, consider becoming “study buddies” with friends or classmates who live near you, and head home together. Remember, neither Metro Transit nor the Tiger Patrol operate at this hour!