myCareer: updating to serve you better
myCareer will be offline from Monday, July 8 to Friday, July 12 for a major system update. During this time, students and employers will be unable to access services on myCareer and there will be no new job postings. Job postings that would normally deadline within that period will be extended beyond the three-day update period.
In conjunction with the update, any job application documents saved to your myCareer account that are two years old or more (as of July 8, 2019), will be removed from the system during the shutdown period. It is your responsibility to retrieve any files you wish to keep in advance of that date.
We thank you for your patience and look forward to better serving you with an improved myCareer.
Students can access myCareer through the myDal portlet.
Extending your education outside the classroom, MCS offers students a variety of interactive career development events and activities, including:
- Employer Information and Recruiting Sessions
- Corporate Tours
- Networking Events
The various career development events and activities available to students are centrally listed in the myCareer events calendar. This calendar is updated frequently with new opportunities.
Students can view event details (such as the date, time, and event description) as well as register for events by clicking on the event title in the calendar.
Choosing to participate in career development opportunities will increase your knowledge of the job market, develop your employable skills and expand your network. Engaged students have proven to be successful in securing promising employment opportunities.
To view and register for events for these steps or watch our step by step Tutorial Video:
1. Visit http://my.dal.ca and login to myDal
2. Click on myCareer (found under the Quick Links menu).
4. To see details, click on the event title in the calendar
5. If you wish to register for this event click on Register for this Event
6. If after registering you find you are not able to attend, we ask that you return to the screen showing the event details, and click on cancel registration. This is important in case the event reaches maximum capacity and there are other students interested in attending.
Check out our other myCareer tips: