Management Career Services offers a wide range of services to BMgmt, BComm, CRMBA, and MLIS students, including one-on-one appointments. During a 30-minute one-on-one appointment, your Career and Recruitment Specialist will provide industry-specific expert advice to meet your individual needs.
We provide appointments for:
- Work term sequence and eligibility
- Your job search and networking strategy (including working abroad)
- Interview preparation and practice
- Resume review and revision
- Co-op work permit for international students who wish to work in Canada
Follow these simple steps to book an appointment in myCareer:
- Log in to myCareer: https://mycareer.dal.ca/login/student.htm
- Click on Management Career Services in the main menu (left-hand side of the screen if viewing from a laptop/desktop computer)
- Click the Appointments icon
- Choose one of the following options:
View Calendar: see all available appointments with all providers.
Book Appointment by Type: choose the subject matter of the discussion you wish to have, which will determine who you will meet with.
Book Appointment by Provider: choose the MCS staff member you wish to meet with, noting the type of appointments they offer, which are listed directly below their name. Then select the available appointment type suited to the subject matter of the meeting. Please note that appointment type options you see after selecting a provider represent all appointment types offered by MCS, not the available appointment type options for the provider you selected.
Not sure who you should be meeting with?
- BComm: Most students in the Commerce program will have a Career and Recruitment Specialist assigned to them after completing the first year Job Application You can see who you have been assigned to by clicking on the Overview tab of the Management Career Services section of myCareer. Scroll down the page to view the box labelled Co-op Record where you will see the name of your CRS listed in the row labelled, “Coordinator”.
- BMgmt: Students seeking career coaching will meet with Maggie Ma. Students seeking more information about the Internship program will meet with Jennifer Coombs.
- CRMBA: Students seeking general career coaching are asked to email Ally Howard directly to arrange a meeting. Students seeking sector-specific intelligence can book an appointment with the relevant CRS. To view each CRS’ full list of areas of industry expertise, please consult our Staff Directory.
- MLIS: Students seeking career coaching are asked to email Maggie Ma directly to arrange a meeting.
5. A list (or calendar) of available appointment dates and times will appear. Select your preferred day/time
6. Enter a phone number where you can be reached and the reason for the appointment. Then click Book Appointment.
7. Upcoming appointments will be displayed on the Appointments page under My Scheduled Appointments. Click on the View Appt button above the appointment you wish to display to view the details or cancel that appointment. If you choose to cancel an appointment, a box will pop-up on your screen asking for you to provide a reason for cancelling.
More information about MCS appointments:
If you need to book an urgent appointment or reschedule an existing appointment booking within the next 24 hours, please call our office at 902.494.1515.
For non-urgent cancellations (more than 24 hours in advance), please log into myCareer and cancel your appointment by following steps 2-7 above. This will allow the timeslot to be booked by another student. Failure to cancel multiple appointments may result in the loss of online booking privileges.
For appointments concerning resume and cover letter revision, please send in your documents at least 24 hours in advance so that your career and recruitment specialist will have time to review it prior to your appointment.
If you are not currently enrolled in the Commerce, Management, CRMBA or MLIS programs, a career and Recruitment Specialist can offer you a one-time 15-minute courtesy appointment. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 902.494.1515 to schedule.
For more myCareer tips, consult our other Student User Guide tutorials.