Starting Wednesday, all Dal Libraries locations will be closed for three weeks, with the exception of the CHEB Learning Commons.
Today (Tuesday), all of our libraries will be moving to reduced hours, closing at 5 p.m. and reopening at 9 a.m. tomorrow (Tuesday) morning
Going forward, the Kellogg Library Learning Commons in the CHEB will be open from 7:30 a.m.–4 p.m., Monday–Friday, to provide access to computers and internet-based scholarly resources for students. We recognize that not every student has a computer or internet access.
- Online collections are available from the Dal Libraries website.
- Guides to library resources by subject are available (LibGuides)
- All physical collections (print books, music, etc.) are unavailable while we are closed.
- Print materials are not available at this time. We are working on providing print materials in digital format by request, while adhering to Canadian copyright legislation and for as long as it is possible to obtain content from other libraries. As other libraries start to close, this could become more challenging.
- Inter-Library Loan requests will continue with delivery in digital format to the extent possible. Please continue to submit your requests at: https://libraries.dal.ca/borrow/documentdelivery.html
- Equipment lending (laptops, headphones) will not be available
Library Hours and Spaces
- The Kellogg Library Learning Commons in the CHEB will be open 7:30 a.m.–4 p.m., Monday–Friday. All other locations will be closed for three weeks.
- Group Study Rooms will be unavailable in the CHEB
- Some computers will be removed in support of social distancing
- Use the LiveHelp chat box on libraries.dal.ca for asking quesitons
Due dates and late fees
- All due dates have been moved to May 30. This is Novanet-wide, so items borrowed from other university and college libraries in Nova Scotia and from Mount A are not due until May 30.
- Overdue notices will stop as of March 17.
- You can still return items in our book drops during the closure. If you are self-isolating, please do not return your items until more information can be provided.
- If you know how to renew online, you can do that. If you have problems renewing, please ask us.