The LINC is Dal’s first interactive learning studio. Located on the second floor of the library adjacent to the Upper Learning Commons, it is intended to provide both an innovative teaching facility for faculty and a collaborative study space for students. The LINC includes the following features:
- 19 wired pods with large wall-mounted display screens
- wall-mounted whiteboards around the room to write on
- a mobile wireless teaching station connected to all screens
- various seating arrangements and types of chairs
- mobile video camera and lapel microphones
- built-in data projectors with dedicated screens
- VHS and DVD support for videos
From a teaching perspective the most innovative aspect of the LINC is that both professors and students are able to project their work onto all of the screens. In addition there is a “private” mode for individual pods which means each group can work on just their own screen.
The Learning Incubator & Networking Centre offers opportunities for collaboration and interaction limited only by your imagination. What do you think of the LINC? Send us your comments!