Midnight to 3am
Sunday through Thursday
March 4 – April 23, 2012
Valid Dalhousie or King’s ID required
We’re into the final haul for the academic year, and you need a quiet place to prepare for finals, late at night. Look no further!
Beginning Sunday March 4, the Learning Commons in the Killam Library will remain open after midnight, Sundays through Thursdays, through Monday April 23. Extended hours apply to the Learning Commons and atrium only. The Help Desk, Circulation Desk, and upper library floors will close at midnight.
- Access is restricted to current Dalhousie or University of King’s College students with a valid DalCard.
- A swipe reader is located at the University Ave. entrance. All students must swipe their DalCard to gain access.
- Students already in the Learning Commons/atrium at midnight will be required to swipe their DalCard in a mobile card reader as requested by Library staff.
- The second-fifth floors of the library will CLOSE at midnight and students will be required to move to the Learning Commons or exit the building.
PARKING / SAFETY
- To improve safety, the McCain Building Parkade across from LeMarchant Street will offer FREE parking from midnight until 3am, Sundays through Thursdays, until the last day of exams.*
- If you’re walking or biking, consider becoming “study buddies” with friends or classmates who live near you, and head home together.
*The McCain Parkade is the main parking area for events at the Arts Centre each evening and a fee will be charged if you park there before midnight. After midnight, parking is free of charge until the Learning Commons closes at 3am.