“Since I started university in September, I’ve been really pleased with the services the library provided. Staff are always knowledgeable when I ask for information and if they weren’t then they would easily stir me in the right direction.”
“I have always had excellent service at the library and their abilities are top-notch. I’ve never been disappointed. 🙂 “
“I truly appreciate the ‘ask a librarian.’ The librarians are fabulous. They are ALWAYS very helpful and appear to want to answer your questions! They obviously like their jobs!”
These comments are among many we’ve received from students who have enjoyed working with our Dal librarians. But recent studies show that librarians come pretty far down the list when most students go looking for help with their academic work.
We get it that Google and Wikipedia are handy and helpful; in fact, we use them too. But if you’re depending on only these sources for the best quality information, you’re missing out. Did you know …..
- There’s a librarian for every subject taught at Dal
- Librarians are research experts. Many do their own professional research, so they know just where to look and how to search for information
- Librarians can show you how to search the web effectively, evaluate websites, avoid plagiarism, and research online from home
- Librarians are happy to work with you one-on-one to help you with your assignments
- They will come to your class to teach you how to find and use library resources in your area of study (just ask your prof)
- Working with a librarian will save you time and stress—guaranteed!
Don’t be shy about asking a librarian for help. The students quoted above were happy they did, and you will be too!