Open to all SIM alumni, students and faculty:
The School of Information Management Associated Alumni’s upcoming Welcome Event will take place via Microsoft Teams on September 29 from 6:00 pm – 7:30 pm. Click this link to join the event.
A panel of alumni and returning students will be sharing with you what they wish they knew when they started out, how their careers have developed, and what they’ve learned along the way, among other topics!
Our panelists include:
* Marc Harper, Bibliothecaire de reference, Bibliotheque Champlain, Universite de Moncton
* Ali McLaughlin, MI Candidate 2020
* Tamanna Moharana, MI Candidate 2021
* Margaret Vail, Academic Librarian, Angus L. Macdonald Library, St. Francis Xavier University
* Suzanne van den Hoogen, University Librarian, Patrick Power Library, St. Mary’s University
* Kelli Woo Shoo, Manager Client Services, Nova Scotia Provincial Library
* Ellie Bernard-Wesson, moderator, alumni 2020
We encourage you to ask questions of our panelists at the end. This is an excellent opportunity to connect with other members of the SIM family — experienced alumni, new professionals, and students alike. Everyone is welcome and we hope to have you there!
While it is not necessary to RSVP, please do so if you can to Katherine Luber, SIMAA Vice Chair, by the evening of Monday, September 28. Her email is firstname.lastname@example.org. This is strictly to get an idea of numbers — no one will be turned away if you can’t confirm ahead of time.
– SIMAA Executive