Dear friends of SIM:
We are pleased to announce the re-launch of our blog – now called “Inform”. Feel free to explore this site and share with your networks.
About the blog:
- Information is what we are all about. We are passionate about data management, information literacy, accessibility, preservation, connecting communities and many more current information topics. This blog is a reflection of that passion: Stories from our community of innovative information managers who are turning their knowledge into action, within Dalhousie and beyond. Join the conversation by sharing, commenting or contacting (submissions welcome*).
- Our goal with the re-launch of our blog is to foster more frequent, engaging and interactive communication within our community. In represents a transformation of our newsletter “Inform” We hope to keep all that you love about Inform, while adding new and dynamic features. A complete archive of all newsletters can be viewed on our website here.
- Unfortunately there is currently no way to subscribe, however the Dal Blog Team is working on making this possible. In the meantime, we recommend you save the blog link somewhere accessible.
- Our goal is to include more regular content written about and by you – our community. What kind of stories are we looking for? Think about the following – What has excited you in the past six months? Have you attended an interesting conference? Worked on a fascinating research project? Completed some rewarding IM-related volunteer work? Received a promotion? Had your work published? In short, anything that you think might interest your fellow students, faculty, alumni and professionals, we want to hear about!
- We accept submissions anytime! Send your updates to firstname.lastname@example.org (SIM faculty: please post directly to WordPress). Monthly reminders will be sent through our networks.
- Please review the Blog Manual (available from Admin Assistant) before writing or submitting anything (note: only faculty and students with special permission are able to post directly to WordPress).
- Contact us at any point if you have questions (email@example.com).
We hope that our new blog will be a fun, engaging forum to celebrate the stories of our many amazing people and projects.
The SIM Blog Team