Job PostingID 56687
Position: Peer Educator
The Dalhousie University Human Rights Equity and Harassment Prevention Office (HREHP) is currently recruiting for the 2016-2017 Peer Educator team. Peer Educators facilitate peer-to-peer programs that support the mandates of the HREHP office. The Peer Educator team is made up of 4-6 Peer Educators. Peer Educators are also known as Respect Reps.
HREHPis looking to hire a diverse and dynamic Peer Educator Team of all gender identities.
The mandate of the Human Rights Equity and Harassment Prevention Office is to foster and support an inclusive working and learning environment where all members of the University community share responsibility for establishing and maintaining a climate of respect.
The Peer Educator Team will be hired for the 2016-2017 academic year. They will be expected to start in late September 2016 and end April 2017.
- Must be registered as a Dalhousie student for the 2016/17 academic year
- Interest in the office of HREPH mandate and initiatives
- Experience organizing, coordinating and promoting campaigns, or activities
- Time management skills and ability to take initiative
- Planning, research and organizational skills
- Strong team working skills and ability to work independently
- Must be available for occasional evening and weekend shifts
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Working with the larger Peer Educator Program Team;
- Facilitate workshops for different groups on topics related to Consent, Sexual Violence, Respect, Inclusion, Anti-Discrimination and Harassment;
- Attend bi-weekly team meetings to debrief and for continued development opportunities.
- Aid in the development of and facilitation of social media platforms;
- Assist in promoting HREHP Workshop series and services across campus i.e. Information booths etc.
- Maintain regular weekly office hours on-site at the HREHP office;
- Act as a resource referral for community members;
- Ensure the adoption of tools and best practices appropriate to needs;
- Ensure liaison with individuals and entities of interest to the HREHP mandate;
- Complete reports and database related documentation.
Members of the Peer Educator Team will be financially compensated for their work ($12/hrx 10hr/wk).
Individuals interested in applying for this position should submit a Cover Letter and Resume throughMyCareer: https://mycareer.dal.ca/login/student.htm
Applications are due at 11:59 pm AST onWednesday, September 14th, 2016. Interviews will be held Monday, September 19 (1pm-3pm) and Tuesday, September 20 (1pm-3:30pm). Please specify in your application which date and time you prefer.
Please be aware there will be a mandatory training on Sunday, September 25 from 9am – 4pm.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.