The Nova Scotia Barristers’ Society is seeking one individual for the summer (12 weeks). The position would be of interest to those with Library & Information Management skills. Students enrolled in a Management and Information Systems program and recent graduates of such a program are encouraged to apply.
The successful applicant will work with a variety of departments and staff assisting the Society to move forward on a number of projects:
- Adapting and converting existing paper-based processes and documentation to digital platforms
- Continuing implementation of the Society electronic document file plan
- Assisting with Society website content management
- Other information management initiatives in support of Society programs and projects
- Library collection maintenance and management duties in the Barristers’ Library
Desired skills and attributes:
- Strong information technology skills, including familiarity with databases
- A capacity for systems thinking (workflow analysis, process improvement and documentation)
- Strong communication skills (writing, consulting users) including the ability to translate user needs into technical requirements
- Desirable to have taken courses in information systems, writing and design for the web, taxonomies/indexing, records management
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- A high level of skill in the use of office automation software (Microsoft Office)
- Experience in a legal environment and familiarity with concepts and terminology would be considered an asset
Please submit an application – including a letter of application and a resume to email@example.com by Monday June 8, 2015 at 4:00 pm.
Nova Scotia Barristers’ Society
1815 Upper Water Street, 7th flr.
Halifax, NS B3J 1S7
T: 902 425 2665
Toll-free: 1 866 219 1202
F: 902 422 1697