Did you know that you can receive automatic email notifications when new positions are posted on myCareer? This is just another way to make your job search easier! Here’s how to set it up:
- Log in to myCareer: https://mycareer.dal.ca/login/student.htm
- Click on the Blue Circle Icon in the bottom right corner and select Search Postings, then select either “Full/Part time, Volunteer” or “Co-op/Internship – Faculty of Management” in the box that appears. Students looking for their Co-op or Internship position must click on the “Co-op/Internship- Faculty of Management” option.
- Click the blue Search Job Postings button at the top of the screen to search all jobs or conduct an advanced search using any of the following criteria:
- Date Live
- App Deadline
- Featured Posting
- Term Posted
- Job Title
- Job Location
Your search criteria will generate a list of jobs based on your selections. You then have the option to click Save My Search Results which will save you time when conducting a similar search in the future.
- Create a name for your search in the “Save this search as” box (i.e. Fall 2019 Co-op Positions, Graduate Job Opportunities, etc.)
- Below the “Save this search as” box, check the box that says, “Check the box if you also want to be notified by email when new Job Postings that match this criteria are added”.
- Click Save
When new job postings (in accordance with your search criteria) are added to myCareer, you will be sent an email notification. Only one email is sent per day that will contain all new job postings.
If your Dal email account is not your primary or most frequently checked account, and you are concerned about missing either a myCareer notification email, or other emails from Dal (since all communications must be sent to your Dal account only), you can set your Dal emails (Office 365) to be forwarded to another account. Dalhousie University’s recommended best practice is not to forward all mail, therefore, if you choose to set up a forward to another email account you are accepting the potential risk.
- Login to http://my.dal.ca
- Click the square made of nine tiny squares (usually upper left) and choose Outlook
- Click the * gear icon (between the bell and the question mark) in the upper right
- In the bottom right, click on View All Outlook Settings
- In the left-hand panel, under Mail, click Forwarding
- Click “On” the option for Enable Forwarding
- Enter the e-mail address you want to forward the e-mail to in the white space underneath
- Click the Save button at the top
For more myCareer tips, consult our other Student User Guide tutorials.