myCareer: updating to serve you better
myCareer will be offline from Monday, July 8 to Friday, July 12 for a major system update. During this time, students and employers will be unable to access services on myCareer and there will be no new job postings. Job postings that would normally deadline within that period will be extended beyond the three-day update period.
In conjunction with the update, any job application documents saved to your myCareer account that are two years old or more (as of July 8, 2019), will be removed from the system during the shutdown period. It is your responsibility to retrieve any files you wish to keep in advance of that date.
We thank you for your patience and look forward to better serving you with an improved myCareer.
Students can access myCareer through the myDal portlet.
Did you know that you can receive automatic email notifications when new positions are posted on myCareer? Yup. Just another way to make your life easier. Here’s how to set it up:
1. Visit http://my.dal.ca and login to myDal
2. Click on myCareer (found under the Quick Links menu).
3. Click on the blue Search Postings button at the top of the Dashboard, then select either Management Career Services or Career Services in the box that appears. Students looking for their Co-op or Internship position, must click on the Management Career Services tab.
4. Click the blue Search Job Postings button at the top of the screen to search all jobs or conduct an Advanced Search by:
- Date Posted
- Application Deadline
- Term Posted
- Job Title
- Job Location
Once you use the above criteria to conduct an Advanced Search you will see a list of jobs based on your selections. You then have the option to click Save My Search Results
5. Create a name for your search in the text box (i.e. Fall 2012 Co-op Positions, Graduate Job Opportunities, etc.)
7. Click Save
When new job postings (in accordance to your search criteria) are added to myCareer, you will be sent an email. Only 1 email is sent per day that will contain all new job postings.
If your Dal email account is not your primary or most frequently checked account, and you are concerned about missing either a myCareer notification email, or other emails from Dal (since all communications must be sent to your Dal account only), you can set your Dal emails (Office 365) to be forwarded to another account. Dalhousie University’s recommended best practice is not to forward all mail and Dalhousie does not support it. If you choose to set up a forward to another account you are accepting the potential risk.
- In the Office 365 Outlook Web App click the Gear icon in the top right (beside your name).
- Click Options.
- You should now see and options account is highlighted.
- If you look on the right side of the page there is a list under Shortcuts to other things you can do. Click Forward your email.
- Scroll down to the Forwarding section. Enter the email address you wish to forward to and click Start forwarding.
To set up your Dal email account on your mobile device consult the instructions under “Set up mobile device”. If you require further Dal email assistance, please visit Dal.Ca/help, email email@example.com or call 902-494-3834.
Check out our other myCareer tips: