Celebrate with us
In 1920, the Bachelor of Commerce program began and by 1923 we had our first graduates. We are celebrating 100 Years of Commerce by sharing profiles and stories about our alumni. Keep an eye on this page for fun facts and event details.
Tell us your story
We encourage you to connect with us and share your memories, images and where you are now by contacting Lori Bauld at email@example.com.
Read alumni stories
Alumni Legacy Story
Douglas Mackay, self-described as “a simple Maritime born businessman living in Upper Canada” graduated from Dalhousie’s Bachelor of Commerce program in 1953. He has had an exemplary career in investment banking and is rightfully recognized as a leader in the Canadian finance world.
100 Years of Commerce Alumni Panel
Management Dean Kim Brooks brings together a panel of Dal Commerce alumni who reminiscence about their time in the program, the life lessons they’ve learned and give advice to our current students.
- Won Shin (Class of ’18) | Senior Consultant – Risk Advisory, KPMG
- Monique Thomas (Class of ’11) | Community Outreach and Transition to University Coordinator, Dalhousie
- Darren Collins (Class of ’09) | CFO and Director, Bald Eagle Gold Corp
- Glori Meldrum (Class of ’95) | CEO, g[squared] and Founder, Little Warriors
- Robert Hayes (Class of ’87) | Regional President, National Bank of Canada
Support the Comm 100 Fund: http://projectdal.ca/Commerce100
Conference and Conversation: Diversity
with Dr. Kent Williams and Dr. Oksana Shkurska
Conference and Conversation: Social Innovation
with Dr. Jenny Baechler and Luke DeCoste