Do you currently cross the Macdonald Bridge using the sidewalk or bike lane? If so we invite you to attend our Active Transportation Meeting being held on Tuesday, June 11th at 7p.m. at the Dartmouth Sportsplex. We will be discussing options of how to utilize active transportation during the Macdonald Bridge Suspended Spans Redecking Project, scheduled to begin in early 2015. For more information please visit:https://www.hdbc.ca/news.asp
Have you registered for the Commuter Challenge? Sign up, as part of Dalhousie, today for a chance to win some cool prizes.
DSUSO BIKE CENTRE COMMISSIONER The Dalhousie Student Union Sustainability Office, or ‘DSUSO’ is hiring for their Bike Centre Commissioner position. Please see details on the job below. If you have any questions, please email DSUSO@dal.ca
- Self-directed, ability to work independently, & collaboratively with university partners
- Experience in bike maintenance is preferable
- Environmental Studies/Sustainability background is preferable
- Motivation to bring about social change on campus and in society
- Involvement and knowledge of the Dalhousie Student Union an asset
- Willing to work with Dal administration on Sustainability issues on campus
- Experience organizing volunteers and workshops is an asset
- Must be registered Dalhousie student during period of office
- Expected to work ~10hrs/week throughout the full year
- Will oversee and deliver Bike Centre projects and facilitate workshops for students
- Assist in organizing volunteer schedule for drop-in service at Bike Centre
- Collaborate with Bike Centre manager, university partners and DSUSO staff
- Work with Dal Communications to publicize Bike Centre
- This is an honorarium position with flexible hours, starting in June 2013 and ending no later than April 30, 2014TO APPLY: Please send cover letter and resume to DSUSO@dal.ca
- DEADLINE TO APPLY IS MAY 27TH
The NEXT Smart Cycle Lunch and Learn Session is scheduled for June 7th @ 12:00 pm. To register send an e-mail to Rethink@dal.ca.
Dalhousie’s Office of Sustainability presents The University Avenue Cycle Track Demo as part of Bike Week.
Come and experience a trial run of the segregated bike lane proposed for University Avenue and stop by the Plaza for music, refreshments and a bike tune-up.
If you are interested in volunteering for this event send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
My name is Caroline King. I am a Masters of Planning Studies student here at Dalhousie University. I am also facilitator for the Ecology Action Centre’s Tiny Travel Planning program, Transportation Officer for Dalhousie’s Office of Sustainability, Student Researcher at DalTRAC, and Director of Membership for the Halifax Cycling Coalition.
I am currently working on creating a daycare travel planning program to investigate travel patterns and determine transportation barriers for parents with children between the ages of 18 months and 5 years. I thought I would share the latest poster for the proposal of this research. If you have any comments or feedback on my project, I would love to hear it.
More updates and information on the DalTRAC team to come!
Mark your calendar:
The HCC and Carbon Arc Cinema present the film, “We’re Getting On” — Museum of Natural History, May 31st, 7 PM.
More details to follow!