Networking can be scary. Approaching strangers, with the hopes they might be able to help you find a job? That can be intimidating! But there are plenty of reasons why you should network:
- 80% of jobs are unadvertised
- Employers prefer to hire people they know within their personal and professional networks
- You can gain first-hand, current information about the world of work to help develop your job-search strategy
- It’s the chance to connect to experts who have knowledge of industry trends and opportunities in your field
- And to meet interesting, like-minded people who may end up being your future supervisors or colleagues
Thankfully we’ve developed 3 handy infographics to provide clear tips and advice to help you build your confidence and work up the courage to network like the pros. Good luck!