The myCareer site allows you to upload, preview, or retrieve your documents at any time, even before you are released to look at co-op and internship jobs.
It is important to remember that myCareer is not intended as a long-term file storage solution. Be sure to save copies of all your application documents to your own personal computer drive or web-based file storage account.
Follow these instructions to upload and view your documents in myCareer:
- Log in to myCareer: https://mycareer.dal.ca/login/student.htm
- For Co-op and Internship students, click on Management Career Services in the main menu (left-hand side of the screen if viewing from a laptop/desktop computer). Students looking for summer and graduate opportunities can look under Career Services.
- Click on My Documents option from the main menu or the Work Term Documents icon.
- Click the blue “Upload Document” button at the top of the screen.
- Select the type of document
- Enter Document Name and select Document Type
- Click Choose File, choose your document on your computer, and click Open. Students can only upload PDF copies into the myCareer system.
- Click on Upload Document
- You should then notice a green box appear on screen indicating that your document has been uploaded successfully, and you will be returned to the My Documents screen.
- From the Documents screen, you can view documents like your cover letter, profile, resume, transcript, or application packages by clicking the View button beside the document type you are interested in. After clicking View, a list will display all of the documents of that type that have been uploaded to your account to date. You are able to view each document by clicking on the Quick Preview button beside it or click on the Download PDF button to access a copy of it.
Job Application Document Tips:
The quality of your job application documents and application packages will determine whether you are screened in or out for the next stage of the hiring process. How do employers shortlist applications? Firstly, they omit applications with obvious errors, such as:
- Incomplete applications / missing documents
- Referencing the wrong contact person or company
- Misspelling the contact person’s name or company
- Spelling and grammar errors
These simple mistakes are frequent among students who apply to positions at the last minute, don’t proofread their work, and /or continue to reuse the same application for each job posting.
To ensure you present yourself as the best candidate for the job, be sure to tailor your documents (resume and cover letter) and application packages to each job posting and make time to review each document carefully before submitting your application to an employer. Be sure to remove any blank pages from your documents before creating your PDFs!
For more myCareer tips, consult our other Student User Guide tutorials.