Extending your education outside the classroom, MCS offers students a variety of interactive career development events and activities, including:
- Employer Information and Recruiting Sessions
- Corporate Tours
- Networking Events
The various career development events and activities available to students are centrally listed in the myCareer events calendar. This calendar is updated frequently with new opportunities.
Students can view event details (such as the date, time, and event description) as well as register for events by clicking on the event title in the calendar.
Choosing to participate in career development opportunities will increase your knowledge of the job market, develop your employable skills and expand your network. Engaged students have proven to be successful in securing promising employment opportunities.
To view and register for events follow these steps:
- Log in to myCareer: https://mycareer.dal.ca/login/student.htm
- Under Dashboard in the main menu (left-hand side of the screen if viewing from a laptop/desktop computer), click on Events Calendar OR click on the blue circle icon in the bottom right corner and select Register for an Event then select myCareer Events Calendar in the pop-up box.
- To view the details of a specific event, click on the event’s title in the calendar
- If you wish to register for the event click the blue Register for this Event button
- If after registering you find you are not able to attend, we ask that you return to the screen showing the event details and click on cancel registration. This will release your spot so that other students interested in attending can go.
You will receive an event registration reminder the day prior to the event.
For more myCareer tips, consult our other Student User Guide tutorials.