Did you find your own co-op/internship job outside of the myCareer job postings?
Are you returning to your previous work term employer?
Once you have accepted the position offered by the employer, follow the steps below to learn how to create your Work Term Record and submit your self-developed job for approval:
- Log in to myCareer: https://mycareer.dal.ca/login/student.htm
- Click on Management Career Services
- From the Overview page, scroll down until you see the Work Term Records heading
- Click the blue Create Work Term Record button to the left of your active co-op sequence below
- Fill out all required (*) fields on the form found in the section labeled STUDENT SUBMITTED WORK TERM DETAILS
- Click on the blue Save button to complete the process. Note: if you do not click save, the details of your record will not be submitted to MCS for approval.
Details cannot be edited after you submit your work term record for approval, so if you have any changes that need to be made to it, email them to email@example.com.
After you submit the work term record, it will be reviewed by your assigned Career and Recruitment Specialist (CRS). The CRS will contact the employer directly to verify all details and alert you once the employer has responded and approval status is determined. In some cases, you and/or the employer may be asked to provide additional information before approval can be granted.
Please be aware that once you have submitted a work term record for MCS approval, your status for your other job applications will be marked as “not available – employed” and your access to myCareer co-op/internship job postings will be suspended for the hiring period. Do not submit your record until you have secured the position and are firm in your intention to use it as your work term. Before completing the work term record, consult your Orientation Workbook (or the Student Handbook if you are a CRMBA student) to confirm the specific work term requirements for your program.
For information on how to complete your Work Term Acceptance Agreement, read our how-to blog post.
Please do not hesitate to contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you require assistance or if you have any questions.
For more myCareer tips, consult our other Student User Guide tutorials.