If you receive an urgent interview request email from Hire.Business@Dal.ca notifying you that you have been selected for an interview, you are expected to log in to myCareer IMMEDIATELY (by the end of the day upon receiving the offer) to book an interview time.
Follow the steps below to book your interview time slot:
- Log in to myCareer: https://mycareer.dal.ca/login/student.htm
- From the main Dashboard, click on the Interviews tab.
- Use the drop-down list to view Today / Upcoming (or to past interviews)
- Click the blue View button in the row marked, “Unscheduled”.
- In the results screen, you may have more than one job interview request listed. Click the blue View button next to each interview request, to see the full details.
- The next two screens will contain important interview details as well as the available interview times:
a) Once you have reviewed the details, click the blue Book My Interview Appointment button.
b) From the schedule provided, select one of the available timeslots and click the blue Book (If the timeslot is already booked by another student, it will be noted as “Reserved”.)
- You may be prompted to provide additional information, for example, if it is a phone interview, you may be asked to type in your phone number.
Your interview booking will be confirmed on the following screen where you will also see the options to reschedule the timeslot or decline this interview. If you simply chose the wrong timeslot, please click Reschedule Interview, rather than Decline.
If you need to refer to the interview details again later, go to the Interviews tab on your Dashboard and click on the blue View button next to your Booked Interviews. You can then view the details of any of your interview bookings by clicking the blue View button next to the applicable booking line.
Once all timeslot bookings are complete, MCS staff will finalize the schedule of interviews with the employer. If you need to cancel or reschedule your booking after the interview schedule is finalized, please contact email@example.com directly.
For more myCareer tips, consult our other Student User Guide tutorials.