Wednesday, March 22nd marked the inaugural Dalhousie Top Co-op Awards, a joint collaboration between Dalhousie’s Management Career Services, Science, Information Technology, Engineering Co-operative Education and the Faculty of Architecture and Planning. Though this year’s event is new, co-op award history at Dalhousie extends back to 2004.
Congratulations to this year’s award winners!
TOP CO-OP STUDENTS OF THE YEAR
As nominated by their employer.
- Faculty of Science | Kaitlin Burek, Marine Biology Student
Nominated by Dalhousie University, Department of Biology
- Faculty of Engineering | Catherine MacDougall, Chemical Engineering
Nominated by ExxonMobil
- Faculty of Computer Science | Niclas Skaalum, Computer Science
Nominated by Dell Canada/Quest Software Canada
- Faculty of Management | Matthew Cohen, Commerce
Nominated by Robotnik
- Architecture | Claire Fontaine, Architecture
Nominated by de Hoog Kierulf Architects
- Planning | Andrew Scanlan Dickie, Planning Student
Nominated by Village on Main
TOP CO-OP EMPLOYERS OF THE YEAR
Presented to nine industry categories based on student nominations.
- Consulting & Design Services:
EcoVue Consulting Services Inc.
- Retail & Consumer Packaged Goods:
- Financial Services:
Royal Bank Canada
- Information & Technology:
Dell Canada Inc.
- Public Sector:
Canada Post Corporation
Metamaterial Technologies Inc.
- R&D and Education:
Dalhousie University, Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
EMERGING EMPLOYER OF THE YEAR AWARD
Recognizing employers new to Dalhousie’s Co-op programs within the past three years.
- Winner: Affinio
- First runner-up: Dash Hudson
- Second runner-up: RGH Chartered Accountants
LEGACY EMPLOYER OF THE YEAR AWARD
Recognizing employers who have been active and supportive in Dalhousie’s Co-op programs for a minimum of five years.
- Winner: Ernst & Young LLP
- First runner-up: PepsiCo
- Second runner-up: Pratt & Whitney