Faculty, staff, students and friends attended the School of Health Administration’s 29th year end banquet and Awards Ceremony on Friday, April 8th. This year’s theme was the “Health Administration Academy Awards” with Master of Ceremonies duties performed by former MHA graduates Reece Bearnes (CDHA Health Administration Fellow) and Barbara Hall (VP Centred Care, Capital Health). The keynote speaker was Dr. Doug MacMillan, Professor of Paediatrics at Dalhousie University.
Award recipients included:
- Benjamin Ridout – Robert Wood Johnson Award, CCHL Bluenose Chapter Award and Health Association Nova Scotia Award;
- Miguel Cortel – Alan D. Thomson Award and Ruderman Award;
- Shawn Chhabra – Alumni Award, AHAS Award and Nestman Prize for Accounting;
- Laura Oxenham – KP Richard Award and Dr. Thomas Rathwell Award;
- Alyson Lamb – Glen Moore Memorial Award (given to a first year student in the MHA Program).
Congratulations to all award winners and graduates!