UPass Opt-out Process:
As COVID-19 has affected study locations, for Winter 2021 term, students can request to opt-out of the UPass before their work term is approved. If your work term is likely to be outside of the Halifax Regional Municipality (HRM), you can opt-out of the UPass.
The deadline to opt-out of the UPass for the Winter 2021 semester is January 15, 2021.
To opt-out, there are three steps:
- Complete a waiver online, available at: https://www.dal.ca/campus_life/UPass/opting-out.html
- If requested by the DalCard Office, provide documentation to show that your work term is outside of HRM. How? See bottom of this blog
- Return your UPass sticker to the DalCard Office (if you already picked it up), located at 6230 Coburg Road (Howe Hall).
- UPass stickers MUST be returned for your waiver to be processed, even if you have already left the province/country
- Contact the DalCard Office for directions on how to return your sticker if not in Halifax: https://www.dal.ca/campus_life/Dalcard/contact-us-form.html
Dalhousie students do not pay any student services fees while on co-op work terms, which means that they do not have access to the Dalplex or Sexton Memorial Gym until they return to classes on a full-time basis. Currently, Dalplex is closed until further notice, in accordance with current Public Health guidelines. For more information, visit https://athletics.dal.ca/
If your work term is located outside of the HRM and you are living in a Dalhousie Residence, you must contact the Residence Office at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide proof that you have an approved work term outside of HRM. How? See below
To provide your work term details:
Recommended for both offices: Print or save a PDF copy of your approved work term record to provide to either the DalCard or Residence Office as proof. To do this:
a. Login to myCareer, click on Management Career Services.
b. Scroll down to locate your co-op sequence on the right-hand side of the screen.
c. Click the link for the appropriate work term to access your work term record.
d. Click the blue Print Work Term Detail button that appears to generate a copy of your work term record and then either:
- Print a copy to take with you to the DalCard Office, or save it as a PDF file, to email to email@example.com
- Save it as a PDF file, to email to the Residence Office at firstname.lastname@example.org
For DalCard Office only: Go to the office, login to myCareer on your phone, and show your approved work term record