COINAtlantic (Coastal and Ocean Information Network – Atlantic) fosters cooperation in integrated coastal management and information and data sharing. It promotes the sustainable use of oceans and coasts through special events like World Ocean Day, and our website, newsletter and projects.
The Web Content Developer will assist the COINAtlantic Secretariat in researching and updating the COINAtlantic’s website (coinatlantic.ca). Research will be conducted on selected themes to build content and linkages to ICOM (Integrated Coastal and Ocean Management) resources available online. Updates will be made to the website via the content management system Joomla.
- A student currently enrolled in a post-secondary program and returning to school in September.
- Has studied oceanography, geology, biology, or environmental science.
- Experience with website design and maintenance and/or using website content management systems.
- Knowledge of the coastal and ocean sector, its stakeholders and agencies.
- Knowledge of ICOM, the marine sciences, geomatics and associated organizations.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
Length of position: 10 weeks
Remuneration: 35 hours per week at $13/hour plus 4% vacation pay.
Employment Requirement: This position is funded in part by Employment and Social Development Canada through its Canada Summer Jobs Program. To be eligible, students must:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment;
- have been registered as full-time students in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year;
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act; and,
- be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations.
Priority will be given to students with disabilities, aboriginal students, or students who are members of a visible minority and who meet the desired qualifications.
Interested applicants should email their résumé and cover letter, addressed to Andy Sherin, Director, COINAtlantic Secretariat, by 23 May 2018 via: firstname.lastname@example.org
When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at GoodWork.ca.
View the full posting here