We cordially invite you to join us in the 1st Halifax Science Rendezvous organized by the Department of Chemistry, Dalhousie University.
Saturday, May 7th, 2011
from 11 a.m to 3 p.m.
at the Dalhousie Chemistry Building (6274 Coburg Road, Halifax).
This is a nationally coordinated event, with more than 20 universities across the country participating in order to celebrate the UNESCO International Year of Chemistry 2011.
Planned activities include:
- Chemistry “Magic Shows” – 4 shows in total, one every half hour
- Making (edible) Liquid Nitrogen ice cream
- Tours of the chemistry undergraduate lab facilities
- Chemistry demonstration experiments by our graduate and undergraduates
- Food and beverages will be freely available – BBQ hot dogs and hamburgers to eat, soft drinks and juices for beverages. (Food available 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.)
- A slice of the BIG Periodic Table Cake!
All activities are free.