myCareer: updating to serve you better
myCareer will be offline from Monday, July 8 to Friday, July 12 for a major system update. During this time, students and employers will be unable to access services on myCareer and there will be no new job postings. Job postings that would normally deadline within that period will be extended beyond the three-day update period.
In conjunction with the update, any job application documents saved to your myCareer account that are two years old or more (as of July 8, 2019), will be removed from the system during the shutdown period. It is your responsibility to retrieve any files you wish to keep in advance of that date.
We thank you for your patience and look forward to better serving you with an improved myCareer.
Students can access myCareer through the myDal portlet.
When you login to myCareer, the menu along the left hand side of the screen presents you with 7 options:
- Dashboard – This is where your dashboard of popular myCareer functions and account information is located
- Career Services – This is where you should look if you are a graduating student looking for employment or a student looking for part time employment or a volunteer opportunity
- Management Career Services – This is where current BMgmt, BComm, MLIS, or CRMBA students can go to schedule an appointment, search and apply for Co-op or Internship job postings, and discover upcoming events open to students in the Faculty of Management
- Co-Curricular Record & Leadership – This is where you can find a record of any extra-curricular activities you participate in at Dalhousie
- Logout – This should be obvious, but for those of you who missed your coffee this morning, this is where you can go to logout of the myCareer website
Many students confuse the Career Services Tab with the Management Career Services Tab. Allow this basic diagram to illustrate the primary differences:
- Navigating the myCareer Dashboard
- Booking an Appointment in myCareer
- Upload your Documents into myCareer
- View your Documents in myCareer
- Finding Volunteer Opportunities on myCareer