How do employers shortlist applications? Firstly, they omit applications with obvious errors, such as:
- Incomplete applications / missing documents
- Referencing the wrong contact person or company
- Misspelling the contact person’s name or company
- Spelling and grammar errors
These simple mistakes are frequent among students who apply to positions last minute and /or continue to reuse the same application for each job posting.
To ensure you present yourself as the best candidate for the job, be sure to tailor your documents (resume and cover letter) and application packages for each job competition and make time to review each document carefully before submitting your application to an employer.
Follow these instructions to view your documents on myCareer:
- Visit http://my.dal.ca and login to myDal
- Click on myCareer (found under the Quick Links menu).
- First, be sure to upload documents to myCareer: import your resume, cover letter or other required documents into myCareer.
- Click on the Documents tab from the main Dashboard screen, or the Work Term Documents icon under the Management Career Services section of myCareer.
- From the Documents screen, you can view documents or application packages by clicking the PDF icon next to the file.
Check out our other myCareer tips:
- Management Career Services VS Career Services Centre
- See and Register for Events in myCareer
- Upload your Documents into myCareer
- View Job Postings in myCareer
- Upload your Transcript into myCareer