Students are able to see Management Career Services Co-op and Internship job postings once you’ve been released to do so. To be released, students must meet the following requirements:
- Have attended Co-op Orientation and signed the Co-op Education Program Agreement.
- Have obtained the total required credits, including the required core credits.
- Have registered for your upcoming work term
Students are only permitted to see job postings applicable to their work term. You can search all other job postings (including summer, full-time, part-time, volunteer, graduate etc.) in the Career Services section of myCareer.
[NOTE: Commerce, BMgmt, and CRMBA students who have confirmed work term employment will be restricted from accessing the job posting module until their next work term.]
To learn how to access job postings follow these steps or watch our Tutorial Video:
1. Visit http://my.dal.ca and login to myDal
2. Click on myCareer (found under the Quick Links menu).
3. Click on the blue Search Postings button at the top of the Dashboard, then select either Management Career Services or Career Services Centre in the box that appears. Students looking for their co-op, internship or corporate residency positions, must click on the Management Career Services tab.
4. You can also use the various filters on the main Search Postings screen to browse jobs by useful categories such as:
- For my program
- Applied to
- New postings since last login
- Postings added in the last 2 days
- Application deadline today
- Application deadlines in the next 10 days
5. Or, click the blue Search Job Postings button at the top of the screen to search all jobs or conduct an Advanced Search by:
- Date Posted
- Application Deadline
- Term Posted
- Job Title
- Job Location
Once you use the above criteria to conduct an Advanced Search you will see a list of jobs based on your selections. You then have the option to click Save My Search Results which will save you time when conducting a similar search in the future. When new job postings (in accordance to your search criteria) are added to myCareer, you will be sent an email. Only 1 email is sent per day that will contain all new job postings.
Now that you have conducted a search according to the specific criteria you selected you can view, Shortlist (a great way to keep track of the jobs you are interested in), or Apply for job postings!
Check out our other myCareer tips: