How to Enter
- Read the contest rules below.
- Grab your cell phone, camera, or any other video recording device.
- Tell us why you love the library in 45 seconds or less. It doesn’t need to be fancy!
- Submit your video by filling out this form (you’ll be asked for your NetID and password first).
- Be sure to include your full name and department/program when submitting your video.
- The contest is open from February 1 until midnight February 28, 2011.
- All current Dal students, faculty, and staff are eligible to enter, with the exception of permanent library staff.
- Videos must be 45 seconds or less in length, 100 MBs or less in size.
- Please submit videos only in .wmv, .mov, and .avi file formats.
- One entry per person. You can work in teams, but each entry must be submitted under one name only. You are responsible for getting permission from everyone who appears in your video. Winner(s) may be required to provide signed waivers from all individuals appearing in their video.
- All content must be original. Videos will be disqualified if they use copyrighted material (i.e. music).
- Videos will be disqualified if they include violence, offensive language, etc.
- By entering your video in the contest, you grant the Dalhousie Libraries permission to use your name and video in library promotions.
- Have fun!
Entries will be voted on by a panel of library staff and students. Winners will be notified in early March and decisions will be final. All eligible entries will be posted for viewing via YouTube on the Libraries’ website at the completion of the contest.
Don’t feel like creating a video?
Send us an email telling us why you love the library and we’ll put your name in a draw for a chance to win a prize! Please use this form to send us your love letters, poems or other effusions.