Resilience is the ability to adapt well in the face of adversity, such as when you may be experiencing personal or family issues, a serious health concern, work stress, money worries, or other difficulties. It’s the ability to bounce back from challenges. One of the key ways to build resilience is to focus on self-care.
Here are six ways to take care of yourself to help build your resilience.
1. Pay attention to your physical self-care
- Make exercise a priority
- Follow a healthy diet
- Follow good sleep practices
2. Reframe how you view problems and challenges
- Reframe a difficult experience
- Remember that stressful events usually provide opportunities to learn and grow
3. Build your emotional resilience
- Learn from others who are role models of resilience
- “This too shall pass.”
- Try to avoid catastrophic thinking
4. Give yourself a break from media
5. Keep your life simple
- Simplify your routines and set limits to protect your time
- Make time for simple pleasures
6. Practice relaxation techniques
Read full post HERE.
(Search for Dalhousie University on the landing page to gain access to the full range of content available to Dal employees.)