[Posted with permission from the @WORK program, part of Dal’s School of Occupational Therapy]
- Every 20 minutes, get up and move!
- Try moving 20 feet away and look at something 20 feet away for 20 seconds.
Get Up & Move!
Get Up & Move Tools:
- 5 Free Apps for Reminders to Take a Break From Screens
- Healthier Break Reminder (mac)
- Stand Up Reminder (iOS)
Tools that use the Pomodoro Technique
- Pomodoro online: https://pomofocus.io/
- Focus To-Do: Focus Timer & Tasks
- Minimalist Pomodoro Timer (Android)
- Engross: Focus Timer & To-DO
Office Stretching Ideas:
Ergo Your Space
Ergonomics Expert Explains How to Set Up Your Desk | Wall Street Journal
Office Ergonomics Self-assessment | Dalhousie Environmental Health & Safety
Ergonomic add-ons if interested (e.g. seat cushion, footrest, laptop stand, chairs): https://www.amazon.ca/s?k=ergonomic&dc&ref=a9_sc_1
Assembled by Student Occupational Therapists: