Sometimes changing up a routine to include new, fun exercise activities can create a positive experience. These are all examples that could be tried:
- Dance fitness: Signing up for a class with high-energy music, such as Zumba, allows you to explore different styles of dance and aerobic exercise while having fun and making friends at the same time.
- Spin classes: A great cardio workout in a social, supportive environment with high energy music.
- Boxing fitness: A great way to blow off some steam after a stressful day at work or an argument with a friend!
- Boot camps: These usually involve combinations of resistance training, aerobic exercises, and creative weightlifting for people of all fitness levels that are a fun interpretation of classic military training and can be very powerful and motivational.
- Running/walking groups: These groups are often centered around a goal and meet regularly on different routes or trails. They are often free to join and easy to find peers at a similar fitness level.
Click here for more information on how you can put the fun back into fitness.