- Bicycling: there are many trails and opportunities in Halifax to have a family bike ride during a day with nice weather.
- Checking out the local community center: they often have sports leagues that people of all ages can join for a low cost.
- Festivals, exhibitions, or trips to the countryside: getting out to the Valley or out of the city can be great to explore new activities and seeing what else Nova Scotia can offer.
- Museums: the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic or the Discovery Centre are fun and educational opportunities to bring the family together.
- Parks: luckily, there are many parks in the HRM that are family and pet-friendly. Getting out and enjoying the nice weather can be good for the mind and soul!
- Rollerblading: whether it be out on the street or at the Emera Oval, rollerblading can be fun and challenging for all family members!
Diabetes Canada is running a national webinar series that begins at the end of May. Sit in (digitally of course!) for diabetes management webinars dedicated to motivating you to take charge of your health. From learning how to count carbohydrates, to mindful approaches to physical activity, to recipes on a small budget, there are many learning opportunities to help you live well, with or without, diabetes.
- May 24: Eat Smart to Manage Your Blood Glucose Levels
- June 1: Moving Mindfully
- June 6: Making the Most of Your Food Dollar
Each webinar will be held twice, at 2 p.m. ET and 8 p.m. ET.
Feeling the winter blues? Now’s a great time to de-clutter your home for a chance to get away as part of Clothesline’s Escape the winter blues. Where will your donation take you? campaign!
From now until March 31, 2017, Clothesline is giving you a chance to donate your gently used clothing* to enter a draw for a chance to win a $5,000 travel voucher that can be used anywhere around the world or one of 10 $500 VISA gift cards!
Your donation will not only benefit the environment by diverting items from landfill, but will make a positive impact in the lives of the 11 million Canadians living with diabetes or prediabetes.
There are three easy and convenient ways to donate and qualify to win:
- By phone: Call 1-800-505-5525 to schedule your FREE home pick-up.
- Online: Schedule your FREE home pick-up at diabetes.ca/clothesline.
- In-person: Visit a Clothesline Donation Centre. To find one near you, call 1-800-505-5525 or visit diabetes.ca/dropoffcentres.
You can also help spread the word to family, friends, colleagues and your broader social networks by encouraging them to:
- Visit diabetes.ca/clothesline to learn more.
- Like us on Facebook to join the conversation and share our posts.
- Follow us on Twitter and retweet campaign details.
There is no limit on the number of entries, so contact Clothesline today and give often—as giving is always in style!
General Manager, National Diabetes Trust
*Some conditions apply, please visit diabetes.ca/clothesline for full contest details, ways to qualify, and rules and regulations.