- 150 minutes of moderate to vigorous physical exercise per week OR 25-30 minutes per day
- Studies have shown that getting 150 minutes of activity weekly has positive impacts on over 25 chronic health conditions
- Some of the biggest positive impacts have been on decreasing risk of diabetes, cardiovascular disease, obesity, colon and breast cancer, high blood pressure, osteoporosis, depression, and metabolic syndrome
- Mental health benefits include improvements in intellectual functioning, anxiety reduction, well-being, confidence, and sexual satisfaction
What kind of hydration and nutrition is necessary?
- 9-13 cups of clean water per day
- 6-8 servings of fruits and vegetables per day
- A Canadian study in 2010 showed that only 41% of individuals ate 5 or more vegetables per day
- Eating well, which includes consuming the high levels of vitamins and minerals in fruits and vegetables, can boost energy and the immune system
This information is reproduced with permission from www.vendurawellness.com.