Have you registered for the Commuter Challenge? Sign up, as part of Dalhousie, today for a chance to win some cool prizes.
Archives for May 2013
Where: North Commons
Date: Sunday June 2, 2013
During Bikefest, we will be introducing the concept and preliminary designs for our Share the Road awareness campaign in order to get YOUR feedback. We will also be giving away FREE #sharetheroadNS buttons!
In addition, we will have a YouTube video booth set up for you to tell us WHY sharing the road is important to you for a chance to win $50 and $25 gift certificates to MEC and Pete’s Frootique! The video clips will be used as part of our online campaign.
For more information on #ShareTheRoadNS…
Like our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/ShareTheRoadNS
Follow us on Twitter: @ShareTheRoadNS
Picture us on Instagram: http://instagram.com/sharetheroadns
Look for the sharrows leading to our booth. Hope to see you there!
DSUSO BIKE CENTRE COMMISSIONER The Dalhousie Student Union Sustainability Office, or ‘DSUSO’ is hiring for their Bike Centre Commissioner position. Please see details on the job below. If you have any questions, please email DSUSO@dal.ca
- Self-directed, ability to work independently, & collaboratively with university partners
- Experience in bike maintenance is preferable
- Environmental Studies/Sustainability background is preferable
- Motivation to bring about social change on campus and in society
- Involvement and knowledge of the Dalhousie Student Union an asset
- Willing to work with Dal administration on Sustainability issues on campus
- Experience organizing volunteers and workshops is an asset
- Must be registered Dalhousie student during period of office
- Expected to work ~10hrs/week throughout the full year
- Will oversee and deliver Bike Centre projects and facilitate workshops for students
- Assist in organizing volunteer schedule for drop-in service at Bike Centre
- Collaborate with Bike Centre manager, university partners and DSUSO staff
- Work with Dal Communications to publicize Bike Centre
- This is an honorarium position with flexible hours, starting in June 2013 and ending no later than April 30, 2014TO APPLY: Please send cover letter and resume to DSUSO@dal.ca
- DEADLINE TO APPLY IS MAY 27TH
The NEXT Smart Cycle Lunch and Learn Session is scheduled for June 7th @ 12:00 pm. To register send an e-mail to Rethink@dal.ca.
Dalhousie’s Office of Sustainability presents The University Avenue Cycle Track Demo as part of Bike Week.
Come and experience a trial run of the segregated bike lane proposed for University Avenue and stop by the Plaza for music, refreshments and a bike tune-up.
If you are interested in volunteering for this event send an e-mail to email@example.com