It’s everyone’s favourite time of the year: Halifax Burger Week! From March 28 to April 3 restaurants all around the city will be creating amazing and unique burgers for low prices and a great cause. The way it works is they have to sell them for $6 or make a donation to Feed Nova Scotia for each burger sold if they’re more expensive than that. In the past six years they’ve raised over $285,000 for FNS! With over 140 burgers offered this year, how are you going to choose? Here are 10 amazing burgers to help you get started!
1. Mexi’s: Best Little Burger in Texas
The perfect Tex-mex burger and it’s only $6!
2. Riverside Pub & Eatery: River Ringer
For all the onion ring lovers out there, it’s worth the trip to Bedford.
3. Darrel’s Restaurant: Peanut Butter Burger
A classic that every Dal student must try while you’re in Halifax. And it’s only $6 this week!
4. enVie – A Vegan Kitchen: Sweet ‘N’ Slawcy Burger
A great Asian-inspired vegan burger that offers a gluten-free option as well.
5. Mappatura Bistro: Squid Pro Quo
Calamari on top of a burger? Yes, please! $2 from every purchase of this burger goes to FNS.
6. Chameleon Cafe & Supper Club: Chameleon Sicilian Burger
Nothing’s better than a fresh pretzel bun (and the beef and chorizo patty doesn’t hurt)! And $3 goes to FNS.
6. Halifax Alehouse: Crispy California Chicken
A chicken burger that you definitely don’t want to miss. $1 goes to FNS.
7. Hamachi Kita: Spicy Tuna and Avocado Sushi Burger
It’s sushi in burger form! How do you eat it? Who cares! $2 goes to FNS.
8. Vandal Doughnuts: The Birthday Sex
This burger is on a doughnut. I repeat: doughnut burger!
9. Heartwood: The Unburger
Another great $6 burger with a chickpea patty and sourdough bun for those wanting to cut down on the red meat. There’s also a gluten-free option available.
10. Black Sheep Restaurant: Three Little Pigs
Pork, pancetta, cicerone, chimichurri, smoked Beemster, and a fried egg? Eggcellent!
Nari can’t wait to eat all the burgers!