One proposed idea for the Campus Master Plan involves getting commuters to use sustainable transit more often. This would include active transportation: walking, bicycling, rollerblading, skateboarding, or running.
(1) Do you use active transportation when coming to Dalhousie? Why or why not?
(2) What would encourage you to use active transportation more often?
(3) Any other comments?
The Third Report for the Campus Master Plan suggests examining the way that the athletic facilities at Sexton Campus are being used. Since the current Sexton gym is under-utilized, the Master Plan suggests that the University explore alternative uses for the space and replace the gym with a modern fitness and recreation facility. A new use could take advantage of the fact that the Sexton Campus is located in downtown Halifax. For example, the gym could be converted to a major public lecture hall.
(1) What else could the gym space be used for?
(2) What sort of recreation/fitness facilities are needed to replace the Sexton Gym?
(3) Anything else?
The Third Report, for the Campus Master Plan, suggests that Dalhousie try to increase the number of staff and students living on or near the campus. This would reduce parking demand and car dependency, as well as help to enrich campus life and create a stronger university community.
(1) What do you think of this idea?
(2) What would it take to increase the residential population on and near campus?
(3) Any other thoughts?
DalNews is running a discussion page on the parking situation on campus. You can check it out and leave your two cents.