The topic for the 2015 conference is: Information Management for Climate Change Adaptation.
Featuring Steve Easterbrook (University of Toronto) and Carl Duivenvoorden (Al Gore’s Climate Reality Project) as keynote speakers, discussion at the conference will focus on the following aspects of climate research:
- · How data & information are used in climate research
- · Systems which allow us to analyze data from climate research
- · How climate research findings are communicated and disseminated
- · The role of Information Managers in assisting the work of climate researchers
Other speakers include:
- · Jason Hollett, Executive Director of Climate Change Nova Scotia,
- · federal MP Megan Leslie,
- · Dr. Tony Charles of Saint Mary’s University,
- · Dr. Patricia Manuel of Dalhousie University,
- · Dr. Adam Fenech of the University of Prince Edward Island,
- · Dr. Cristian Suteanu of Saint Mary’s University,
- · and Fred Whoriskey, Executive Director of Ocean’s Tracking Network.
Registration is now open with a $20 + a nominal Eventbrite fee for students, and a $90 + a nominal Eventbrite fee for professionals & community members. Registration includes access to all events, breakfast, lunch and a gift bag. To register, please visit our website at www.iwbconference.ca.
Registration closes Monday, February 2.
For more information, please email email@example.com or visit www.iwbconference.ca.