Good article, direct and to-the-point. Call them IT occupational hazzards.
- You Are your Own Best (or Worst) Career Manager (for Better or Worse)
- Breadth, Not Depth of Skills
- Don’t Be a SMEL (Subject Matter Expert on Life)
- Not Being a Tall Poppy
- The Living Resume
- The Written Word (and Picture) Remains
- Don’t Burn any Bridges
- Don’t Disconnect Yourself
- Technical Complacency
- Lack of Soft/People Skills.
See the entire article at: http://www.globalknowledge.ca/articles/generic.asp?pageid=3185&country=Canada
See also Ten Ways to Stall Out Your IT Career